Friday, August 3, 2012

New learning to my Notary knowledge. !! – Mexican ID

New learning to my Notary knowledge. !!

Recently a signer presented Mexican ID issued by the Mexican consulate. I was not sure whether I can accept the ID issued by Mexican Consulate for notarization. As per Notary Handbook, I can accept  ” Driver license issued by Mexican public agency authorized to issue driver’s license”.  I thought it would be  wise and safe to say “Sorry, I need to check whether I can accept this ID for notarization or not” and rescheduled the appointment for another day.

Later I found out, An ID issued by the Mexican consulate (Matricula Consular card)  is not an acceptable form of identification that a California Notary can use when identifying a signer.

I was really saved and  Thank God.. I did not carry out the notarization.

2 comments:

harryalby said...

As the purpose is all getting clear, it is now useful for common customers. From time to time basis many Loan Signing Bay Area information is coming up online. All you need to do is first check the resources available online properly before you can go ahead.

George said...

Our online portal will help you provide all information about the services as well as other details. So go through the portal and make sure you find the best Mobile Notary Bay Area services nearby. So dial our support number now to check your requirements!